- teaching position
A CLOSER LOOK AT TEACHING FOR/WiTH ILA
- APPLY TO BE A TEACHER NOW
- Academic Management jobs
What are we looking for
In line with our core values, we look for the following traits in our teachers:
- A growth mind set, i.e. open to change, learning and growth.
- Open-mindedness, i.e. culturally sensitive and tolerant, willing to try new things and meet new people.
- Professionalism, i.e. stong work ethic, conscientious and accountable.
ILA has schools all over Vietnam. Each region is unique and will offer different experiences. It’s worth taking the time to [explore our locations] and think about the type of experience you want.
Types of classes
ILA offers classes to all ages and levels, but our YL (young learner) classes are the most popular. Around 80% of our classes are students between the age of 4 to 16. As well as YL classes we teach adults, exam classes and corporate classes.
As is common in the TEFL industry, most of our teachers work at evenings and weekends. Weekends are our busiest time, with teachers working on average 6 to 8 hours a day. During the week it’s less busy, with most teachers working either 2 or 4 hours, starting from around 4pm. Two or three days off per week but not necessarily consecutively
Books and curriculum
All ILA classes use a textbook produced by a major publishing company (MacMillan, National Geographic, etc).We have staff working in product development who regularly check the textbook we use to make sure they are appropriate and meeting students needs.
- If you have sent an application but not heard back check your spam folder
- Check the time zones and make sure you know when your interview is
- Make sure you have added your interviewer in advance on skype
- If you can’t make your interview send us an email as soon as possible so we can reschedule.