Visit ILA Vietnam Corporate Vietnam's leading English language training organisation
en vn
Home » Teaching Jobs » How to Apply?

How to Apply

To work at ILA Vietnam as an English teacher, an Academic Coordinator or Academic Manager, you need:

  • A University Degree: this must be a 3 year bachelors or higher
  • To be a Native English speaker
  • A qualification in English Language Teaching (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
  • To be confident and have excellent communication skills
  • To be comfortable teaching with technology

Please see information below concerning Work permits conditions & Authentication steps

CANDIDATE INFORMATION (All information below is compulsory. Kindly complete all information)

1.Personal Details
✓ Valid Invalid

2. Location preference
3. Education

      1 Upload your CV

        2 Upload your cover letter

          3 Upload your passport


            ➤ I certify that the statements and information furnished by me in this application are true and correct.

            ➤ I understand and agree that, if hired, I will be required to abide by all rules and regulations of ILA Vietnam.

            Work permits

            If your application is successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment staff. Please note, because of government regulations regarding work permits, you will need to provide the following:

            • The original copy of your University Bachelor's degree. This document must be authenticated
            • The original copy of your CELTA/TEFL certificate
            • The original copy of your clean police clearance certificate from your home country. If you don't already have such a certificate, you can look into getting one and arrange to have it sent to our address at ILA. It is important that the names on your degree and criminal records check are identical. Please also note that your police check must be dated within 6 months of the application date for your work permit.This document must be legalized at the Vetnamese embassy in your home country and will be retianed byt he Vietnamese government

            What is a native speaker?

            A native speaker is someone who has spoken English from their earliest childhood. It’s the language they used at school and with their family. Many people grow up speaking 2 languages and are bi-lingual, which would also qualify as a native speaker. All teachers must have native speaker mastery of English in all skills [including pronunciation].

            You won't need these documents to enter Vietnam, but you will need to get these to the ILA Human Resources department within 1 month of your arrival so that we can process a work permit for you. Based on Decree 46, which is regulated very closely, if you don't submit all the necessary documents for obtaining a work permit within one month of the contract start date, ILA may have to terminate your contract. In short, bringing the above documents will ensure your guaranteed eligibility to work over an extended period of time within Vietnam. Please note that police checks must be dated within 2 months of the proposed contract start date.